Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday, September 25, 2017

We left our very nice campground east of Belle Fourche, SD this morning and drove in a fog and drizzle for our short drive today.  We arrived in Sundance, Wyoming and the weather hasn't changed.  We haven't reached 50 degrees today, but the forecast looks better.  We did hole up yesterday and caught up on our rest, and I made some ham and bean soup for our duration here.  We always buy Nueske's bone in ham steaks and it makes great soup!  We are so fortunate to live so closely to Nueske's!  It's a wonderful meat processing plant in Wittenberg, and they are about 5 miles from us.  We saw 4 deer running just off the campground area, and were told that we shouldn't drive at night, due to the herds of deer running around here.  We will check the town out tomorrow and do some geo-caching, and save Wed. for our trip to Devil's Tower. 

Oh, yum!  I also made an apple pie from scratch, yesterday.  We bought some apples for the road, at Wilson Creek Orchard, just before we left home and we had enough for this pie!  I'll just call it a 'taste from home'.  The orchard is only a few years old and it's only a few miles from us.  Again, we are so lucky to be positioned where we are.

Due to time on my hands and two rainy days, I finished the baby quilt that I was knitting.  This is folded four times, so it isn't that small!  We have no grandchildren married, or even thinking about it, but I want to be ready!  Once the great-grandchildren start coming, they can come fast!  I will stock up on yarn in Loveland, CO when we get there, and start another one.  I'm a Type A person, and I just can't sit and do nothing.  I am sure most of you know that about me.

       Through the fog and drizzle, you might be able to make out the 'Welcome to Wyoming' sign.

                    This greeted us at the front door of the campground office.  Self explanatory!

We have this buckboard wagon right next to our site, so I guess we are out west! It's a nice campground, but we are noticing the soil here is clay and silt, so we are pretty dirty!  Maybe it will rain tonight!  We notice the heat is still with you people back in Wisconsin and east of there.





2 comments:

  1. Yes it's finally "Summer" in DC now that Autumn is here!🌞🍁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...love the "butt" holder! Hahaha. I'll have to tell Gary about the ham steak! He LOVES a good bean soup...and apple pie. ;-). I suppose I'll have to make one if thise too! ;-) And yes, quite warm here. Crazy!

    I forgot you're making baby blankets. The Prayer Shawl Ministry I facilitate just started making them. Do share any patterns you like! They're being made for the NICU unit for a local hospital as a keepsake and to hold babies for the last time who do jot make it through childbirth. (31x36"). Thanks!

    Love the wagon!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete