Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday, September 18, 2017

I missed doing our blog yesterday, because I came home and crashed last night.  It was 38 degrees yesterday morning, and we went fishing at 8:30.  That is too darn cold for this old gal!  The wind blew, too, so it made it even more chilly.  We only got 6 fish yesterday, and I was froze to the core!  I didn't get a bite all day, so my luck really turned, but Glenn was again, the master fisherman.  I got a lot of 'snags' and I was quite frustrated!  Glenn's wife, Glo made dinner for us, and it was delicious.  Of course, we had Walleye, but she had so many other things to eat, that we were stuffed when we left their place.  She also, sent home a doggie bag for us for tonight. We got home and I was so wore out that I fell asleep on the sofa and didn't see any of the Packer game, and woke up and finally drug myself to bed!  I slept 13 hours!  OMG!  Only old people do that, right?  So, we told Glenn that today we wanted to leave at 10:00 this morning, which we did. It was probably 48 degrees when we got to the lake, and no wind, so it felt great.  Today was another slow day, but Glenn caught a Walleye and a very big Northern!  It was 37 inches long and weighed 15 pounds, so he had to put that stinky, slimy fish in his boat for 'Marlene'.   Jim caught two nice Walleye and a small Northern that we threw back in.  All in all, we caught 29 Walleye fish and two Northern that we kept.  Not bad for 4 days of fishing, when some of the old fishermen said they fished for four days and didn't get anything.  We credit it all to Glenn and his expertise.  We are done fishing, and will do some things in Mandan tomorrow and also go see the fort near here. We leave Wednesday, and it's been a great stay.

This is Glenn weighing the big Northern that he caught.  He grumbled the whole time he had to deal with that critter!  North Dakotan's don't like Northern's, I guess!  He says, why would you eat Northern, when you can get Walleye?  I'm sure he will disinfect his boat, after we leave. 

I decided to post a picture of the crank bait that Glenn uses, as we had never heard of crank bait before.  We always used live bait or regular fishing lures, when we fished. 


No comments:

Post a Comment